Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mmmm....Reflexology. The New Massage.

I remember when the beau first learned reflexology, he wanted to use me as his guinea pig. Not that I was going to tell him no. I recall having a headache that day and really not wanting to be bothered, but he persisted and it helped that he told me he could get rid of my headache with a simple touch.

Now no matter what I’m going through or what I’m doing my mind stays in the gutter, but he assured me that it wasn’t what I thought and that we’ll get to that later. But he could massage the headache away or rather reflex it away.

Of course I didn’t believe him, but I love and support him so I was willing to see what it was he had to offer. He took my hand in his and traced my palm with his fingers making my hand tingle. He started telling me about reflexology, the benefits, and then tried it out on me.

What is it?

Reflexology is a treatment that involves the application of gentle pressure to reflex points located on all of the surfaces of the feet and hands.

What are the benefits?

To name a few:

  • Improves blood circulation
  • Boosts immune system
  • Relieves aches and pain
  • Alleviates problems associated with the reproductive system
  • Restores mental alertness
  • Calms an overactive mind
  • Reduces emotional turmoil
  • Increases positive emotions
  • Soothes fears and anxiety
  • Encourages spiritual growth and development
  • Reflexology, with the addition of aromatherapy, can help with emotional problems like depression or self-esteem.


TRY IT!!!!

The pressure circle technique
Usually performed using the pad of the thumb, it is particularly useful for treating more sensitive reflexes on the hand.

Step 1
Select an area on your left hand, and then, using your right thumb, circle gently and slowly over the area, keeping your thumb in contact with the point

Reflexology Pictures, Images and Photos

Step 2
To practice on your partner, gently cup his or her right hand, palm facing up, in the palm of your left hand. Place your right hand, working themb on a reflex point on the palm of the receiver’s hand and then slowly and gently circle over the area, keeping your thumb in contact with the point. Note that any initial tenderness will quickly subside after a few pressure circles have been performed.
  • Check out Health Inspiration's Reflexology book by Denise Whichello Brown

    TRY IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES!!!



    ♥ Tesha

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment